Introduction to eBusiness Infrastructure
In the previous module, you learned about the networking technologies that are a core component of any eBusiness solution.
This module will discuss baseline technologies that are essential to the viability of an eBusiness.
- Operating systems
- Systems management technologies
- Connectivity infrastructure describes underlying telecommunication networks necessary for the presence of the Internet;
- pervasiveness refers to the number of Internet users in a country; sectoral absorption is a measure of Internet use in organizations within a country;
- organizational infrastructure refers to the number and capabilities of organizations that can provide Internet services to users;
- geographic dispersion refers to the extent of geographic distribution of such organization throughout the nation; and
- sophistication of use refers to both how many people use the Internet and how they use it.
Geopolitical issues such as effective partnership between government and private sectors, attitudes toward foreign investments, investments in infrastructure, subsidies, taxation, and other regulatory policies.
Cultural and social factors that determine how individuals in a country feel toward technological change and their level of trust in financial and business institutions.
Technology issues such as telecommunication infrastructure, adoption of uniform technical standards, and availability of a skills base to adopt and use new technologies.
Financial and economic issues such as viability of financial institutions, currency exchanges, payment options, availability of skilled human capital, distribution infrastructure, and effective trading policies.
Throughout this module, you will learn the functions of these technologies and the issues to keep in mind when choosing them for your solution. By the end of the module, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Define the role of hardware
- Describe the considerations surrounding the adoption and implementation of hardware
- Define the role of operating systems
- Describe the considerations surrounding the adoption and implementation of operating systems
- Describe how systems management products work and affect eBusiness solutions
The next lesson is about the function of hardware and its role in your eBusiness solution.