The basic elements of a Web server and some guidelines for selecting the software needed for running your Web server were discussed in this module.
In addition developing your Web site, handling your support, and database software requirements were also mentioned. You also learned about legacy system integration and some possible options for outsourcing.
In this module, you learned how to:
- Describe the elements of a Web server
- Select Web server software
- Assess Web site development software
- Assess support and database software requirements
- Configure hardware and software for security
- Assess the tasks required to integrate with legacy systems
- Assess outsourcing options