This module will discuss the technical aspects of Web site creation and certain legal issues.
If nothing else, you should familiarize yourself with two important legal concepts.
First, it is important for you to understand how to protect your site and your rights to its content from being violated.
Second, it is equally important for you to know how to avoid violating the rights of someone else's site. In essence, you need to learn how copyrights,
After completing this module, you will be able to:
- Identify material that qualifies to be copyright protected, and identify the elements of a copyright notice
- Determine whether using someone else's work is permitted under fair use
- Create an expressed license
- Register a copyright
- Distinguish between trademarks and service marks
- Register a trademark
- Describe international copyright and trademark law issues
In the next lesson, you will learn about copyright protection and the parts of a copyright notice.