You are now equipped with basic knowledge about the foundation of the Internet.
This module discussed network architecture essentials such as the different network diagnostic tools and their functions and connectivity hardware such as bridges, firewalls, gateways, hubs, repeaters, routers, and switches.
Key terms and concepts included OSI and Internet bandwidth technologies.
You should now be able to:
- Explain the OSI model
- Describe the core components of the Internet infrastructure and how they relate to each other
- Describe the uses of hardware and software network connection devices
- Describe the various Internet bandwidth technologies
- Describe the purposes, functions, and features of various types of servers
- Troubleshoot problems with Internet connectivity using various diagnostic tools