Objective:Evaluate a Web site based on usability factors.
This exercise is not scored. It provides you with an opportunity to apply the material you have learned in this module. When you have completed the exercise, click the Submit button to compare your results with the suggested results.
Now that WebTeam has received the House-O-Pets business and information file, it is time to analyze the work that House-O-Pets has completed to date. Once again, you can review the fact file below:
- Using a separate sheet of paper, apply the usability criteria you have learned in this module. Evaluate the current site on a 1 - 3 scale (1 meaning this usability objective is met as stated, 3 meaning this usability objective is not met) based on the following five criteria:
- The information provided by the site is the information that users are seeking.
- The information architecture of the site allows users to find the information they are seeking in an efficient manner.
- The business objectives of the site and the desire to present additional information (e.g., promotions of products and services) are effective, without interfering with a user's primary reason for being at the site.
- Wayfinding elements help users locate and orient themselves in the information space of the site.
- Navigational elements help users orient themselves and move throughout the information space.
- After each objective is evaluated, explain why you selected each particular number, and how you would improve on the stated objective as it applies to the House-O-Pets site.
For example, 1.The information provided by the site is the information that users are seeking. (evaluation: 1) Reasons: The site effectively provides the required information by…
Submitting the exercise
When you have come up with an answer, click the Submit button to check your results.