Component Process Conclusion
When working in Web site development, you should be knowledgeable about all the components of the process.
Whether your interest is on the technical, business or creative side, you should have some familiarity with what your options are for software purchase and deployment. You will need to have a common language so that you can speak intelligently with other members of your team, vendors, consultants, and your clients.
You should now be able to:
- Identify the functions of the four main kinds of languages for Web development
- Describe the characteristics of common Internet markup languages
- Describe the functions of common types of scripting languages
- Explain the difference between front-end and back-end applications
- Explain the purpose of middleware and give examples.
In the next module, you will be looking at the other two types of software: databases and bundled solutions.