You have been learning about many of the concerns that must be addressed as part of the process to select software for a Web site development process.
Thus far you have learned about the stakeholders who will be involved and some of the resources you can turn to for useful information.
In this module, you will learn more about categories and types of software so that you will be more informed when identifying appropriate software.
Software for Web site development can be divided into four general categories:
- Bundled software solutions
In this module, you will be studying the first two types: languages and applications. By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the functions of the four main kinds of languages used for Web development
- Describe the characteristics of common Internet markup languages
- Describe the functions of common types of scripting languages
- Explain the difference between front end and back end applications by giving examples
- Explain the purpose of middleware and give examples
In the next lesson, you will begin by learning about languages used for Web development.
Every great piece of software starts with a great plan.
In this module you are going to learn how to create that plan and going to learn how to work with the customer to prioritize their requirements.
You will define iterations that you and your team can then work towards.
Finally you will create an achievable development plan that you and your team can confidently execute and monitor.