When working in Web site development, you should be knowledgeable about all the components of the process.
Whether your interest is on the technical, business, or creative side, you should have some familiarity with what your options are for software purchase and deployment.
You should now be able to:
List the functions of databases
- Describe the four basic database models
- Explain the characteristics and protocols of back-end Web databases
- Explain the importance of data modeling techniques
- Describe the functions of security software
- Explain the types and benefits of bundled solutions, giving common examples
In the next module, you will be looking at software planning from the perspective of the different Web models.