After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Develop a plan for implementing your e-commerce Web site
- Define your product, customer, and design goals to determine end user requirements
- Develop a storyboard to outline your site implementation plans
- Assess whether outsourcing is an option for your e-commerce Web site
- Determine the operating system, hardware, and software requirements for your Web site
- Design for system security at the operating system, server, and application levels
- Design your Web site for secure transactions and payments
- Describe protocols used to secure transactions, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Electronic Transactions (SETs)
- Establish secure transactions through the use of digital certificates
- Assess server usage, capacity, and other factors affecting the performance of a Web site
- Manage and analyze your site for increased operating performance
- Determine the requirements for Web site administration and business integration
In this course, the concepts required for planning and implementing an e-commerce Web site will be discussed.
This information is presented using various SlideShows and simulations.
In the next lesson, the prerequisites for this course will be discussed.