Introduction to ecommerce Concepts and e-commerce Fundamentals
The course E-Commerce Fundamentals is designed to teach you the basics of conducting business online.
You will learn about the similarities and differences between traditional and electronic commerce, the role each participant plays,
the technologies used to place orders and process payments, the legal issues surrounding this new medium, and security protections offered for Web-based businesses and their customers.
Following this course, you should spend time visiting electronic commerce Web sites to see how others have applied the principles you will learn here.
After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Define e-commerce and how it impacts traditional business models
- Describe legal issues surrounding e-commerce, including copyright, patents, and trademarks
- List the various payment models available for online commerce
- List the security issues involved in e-commerce and describe the methods for safeguarding the data involved
- Explain how the integration of e-commerce might impact your business
The following features are included in this series.
QuickChecks are unscored opportunities for you to self check your understanding of key points before you arrive at an Exercise or Quiz, both of which are scored.
You will encounter the QuickCheck icon throughout the course. Read the question, and then click the Play button to see the correct answer in a short, animated sequence.
Problem Solver exercises
To provide you an opportunity to practice what you learn within a context, we have created exercises throughout the series in which you apply your knowledge to various scenarios.
Although you will submit your Problem Solver solutions to tutors, you should also consider using the discussion groups as a forum for sharing responses.
In the next lesson, you will learn about the prerequisites for this course.